Title to be determined based on level of experience.
Atlantic 57 is the award-winning consulting division of The Atlantic. We were founded to help nonprofits, corporations, and institutions learn from The Atlantic’s transformation from legacy magazine to media pioneer. We bring together the best thinking across journalism, business strategy, audience research, and product development to help clients share big ideas and adapt to a modern world.
Atlantic 57 is searching for a Marketing Manager to collaborate with The Atlantic’s other business units (BUs)—The Atlantic (media and advertising) and AtlanticLIVE (events)—to develop proposals and sales collateral. He or she will work closely with sellers, marketers, and leadership across all three BUs to package offerings across media, events, and consulting for our biggest clients and advertisers.
The Manager will come to the position with a passion for storytelling, a talent for shaping the perfect pitch, and an eagerness to draw connections between the needs of a prospect and the strengths of an agency/media brand. He or she must also be a strong project manager, with an ability to rally and organize people across many different teams, functions, and business units to work collaboratively on quick-turn proposals and projects. The position reports to the Senior Director of Brand and Marketing at Atlantic 57.
The ideal candidate will bring strong skills in writing and presentation design. He or she will demonstrate an ability to balance many tasks at once and thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-moving, start-up environment.
- Partner with sales directors to create proposals that bring in new business for The Atlantic’s media, consulting, and events business units, drawing upon storytelling best practices, media insights, and a sharp understanding of prospect needs and challenges
- Develop a deep knowledge of Atlantic 57’s strengths and capabilities, including an ability to communicate and represent a multi-faceted business to sellers and marketers in other BUs; Organize and lead education initiatives that inform other BUs sales and marketing teams on Atlantic 57’s unique strengths and capabilities
- Manage the process of creating a proposal from start to finish, soliciting inputs and feedback from Sales Directors, as well as Atlantic 57’s Editorial, Product, Strategy, and Research teams
- Develop sales collateral (presentations, one-sheets, slides) that highlight the capabilities, heritage, and brand strengths of Atlantic 57
- Lead the creation of case studies that showcase the depth, uniqueness, and ROI of our client work
Qualifications of the ideal candidate:
- 4-6 years of experience working on an entrepreneurial marketing team
- A passion for, and particular professional focus on, telling compelling stories—written, verbal, and visual
- Stellar writing and communication skills; An ability to convey complex ideas in clear and compelling ways
- Strong project management experience; An ability to create project plans, timelines, meeting agendas, and working rhythms that incorporate inputs and feedback from many individuals (including senior stakeholders)
- Excellent design skills, particularly in Google Slides and Docs
- Ability to juggle many projects at once in a fast-paced environment; also a proactivity in pursuing new projects and solving bigger team challenges
- A curious mind, with a particular fascination for modern media and digital and social communications
- Welcomes feedback and is always eager to continually learn and take work to a higher level
- Spirit of generosity, entrepreneurialism, intellect, and positivity
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in you, and everyone else. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions –
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, and giving voice to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth –critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.