The Atlantic is searching for a Growth Marketing Manager to acquire and retain loyal, passionate subscribers and help build a thriving consumer revenue business in support of high-quality, independent journalism. This role will oversee paid efforts in search marketing,social media, and display acquisition, taking responsibility for the strategy, execution, and budget planning. The role will also, critically, partner with edit, product, and engineering to identify organic growth opportunities and experiments that encourage more readers to subscribe to The Atlantic.
While prior experience in media will help, a passion for journalism is most essential. GA 360, AdWords, Facebook Ads Manager, and DoubleClick will be part of the daily toolset. You’ll report to the Director of Audience Development, and be based in New York.
- Lead a paid media strategy, predominantly search and social, that reaches and converts prospective subscribers
- Oversee and optimize cross-channel campaign performance for core growth metrics
- Partner with colleagues in editorial, product, and engineering to pursue organic growth tests and experiments
- Build audience-metric reports for our media campaigns, uncovering insights on creative performance and revenue growth
- Work closely with creative partners to think through, launch, and optimize brand and acquisition assets
- Benchmark our performance to competitor and industry trends
- Translate relevant audience data into presentations and memos for stakeholders across departments
- A passion for high-quality journalism generally and The Atlantic specifically
- An obsession with growth, and a love for constant experimentation and optimization
- Fluency in DoubleClick, AdWords, and social advertising platforms
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Data Studio, and Excel (or a comparable toolset)
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional groups and communicate with senior executives
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, and flight to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.