Title dependent on experience
Atlantic 57 is the award-winning consulting division of The Atlantic. We were founded to help other leading brands and organizations learn from The Atlantic’s transformation from legacy brand to media pioneer. Today, we bring together the best thinking across business strategy, journalism, communications, audience research, design, and product development to help our clients engage their audiences and move their organizations and ideas forward.
Atlantic 57 is seeking versatile editorial minds to join its editorial team comprised of journalists, social media managers and content strategists. Successful candidates will have wide-ranging experience in digital media, including but not limited to creating content in a variety of formats, conceptualizing editorial ideas, overseeing social media and distribution strategies, editing the work of others and teaching best practices.
Managers and associates on the editorial team are involved in leading and executing digital communication projects for a variety of organizations, spanning editorial strategy, social media strategy, content campaigns, workflow optimization, and best practices workshops. They will collaborate with our strategy, product and research teams to advance our clients’ digital strategies from the start to finish of an engagement.
Candidates with strong social media backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
The Manager/Associate may:
- Work collaboratively with strategy, research, and product team members on strategic planning, audience research and digital product development efforts
- Generate strong article and content concept ideas that reflect the best practices in journalism and latest trends in digital media
- Create articles, feature stories, blog posts, videos, infographics, and other content types, bringing the editorial sensibility of a journalist
- Develop targeted distribution strategies, including but not limited to social media, paid promotion, newsletters, content partnerships, influencers, public relations and events using the most prevalent social media platforms and tools
- Create creative content optimized for different social media platforms, tailored to their different constraints and opportunities
- Develop workflow recommendations that enable our clients to improve and scale their content creation and audience development operations
- Teach workshops on editorial best practices
- Serve as a dedicated project leader, developing editorial and distribution strategy recommendations that match client goals to audience needs
- Oversee editorial and social media projects with multiple work streams, managing the delivery of high-quality client deliverables within project timeline and budget goals
Attributes of the Ideal Candidate:
- Possesses 2-6 years of experience in digital media and communications, including at least 2 years within a newsroom or media organization
- Demonstrated experience in digital journalism including reporting, writing, editing, and social media with experience in photography, video and data visualization a plus
- Has successfully initiated and led digital media projects
- Possesses a passion for digital media trends and best practices
- Is an excellent writer, editor and presenter
- Is able to clearly communicate recommendations in strong narratives, in Word and PowerPoint documents
- Has experience with common content management systems and back end platforms such as WordPress, Google Analytics, PhotoShop, etc.
- Is experienced with developing and running social media campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other platforms and monitoring results
- Demonstrates talent for high-level journalism along with strong ethics and integrity of the standard of The Atlantic
- Demonstrates unyielding attention to detail and deadlines
- Operates independently in a fast-paced environment
- Has the poise, grace and professional skills to work successfully with clients
- Demonstrates a spirit of entrepreneurialism, intellectualism, supportiveness, and positivity
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in you, and everyone else. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions –
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, and giving voice to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth –critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
In your cover letter, please tell us what you’d love about this role, how your professional experience reflects the attributes we’re looking for, and why you’re uniquely suited for this opportunity.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability.