Atlantic Media, the parent company of The Atlantic, National Journal and Government Executive is hiring an Assistant for its growing Talent & Culture Team. As a member of this highly collaborative team, you will get to explore, firsthand, all facets of the Human Resources industry.
The primary function of this role will be two-fold: a) to provide departmental support across the team on special projects and b) to provide day-to-day administrative support to the VP of Talent & Culture.
- Manage calendar, scheduling and administrative tasks for the VP of Talent & Culture.
- Manage expenses for the VP of Talent & Culture, as well as team-related contracts and expenses.
- Work with team members to host company events, blood drives and social activities monthly.
- Respond to and appropriately direct requests for the general HR email.
- Liaise with the legal support team to maintain appropriate files for initiatives that cross over Talent & Legal.
- Provide daily lunch break for the Corporate Concierge.
- Manage the Talent & Culture filing responsibilities.
- Support the Talent & Culture team with other various projects.
The ideal candidate:
- An extraordinarily organized person by nature with keen attention to detail and honed prioritization skills
- Ability to be proactive, take ownership and work independently
- A calm, cool and collected mind—a constitution that affords “grace under fire”—coupled with a personality inclined toward perpetual positivity and a sense of possibility
- Strong working knowledge of all G Suite products with advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills
- True service ethic: Willingness to support our employees with exceptional service
- Bachelor’s degree required
Atlantic Media is dedicated to equipping opinion leaders with breakthrough ideas and original insights. Its powerful brands, including The Atlantic, National Journal, and Government Executive reach leaders across all sectors—consumer, business, media, and government. Strategically designed to meet the unique needs of this community, Atlantic Media’s innovative portfolio of digital, print, event, social, and mobile platforms engages an influential audience of over 55 million worldwide each month.
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, and flight to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.