About Government Executive Media Group:
Government Executive Media Group (GEMG) is Atlantic Media’s B2B division focused on public sector innovation. Known as one of the fast-growing B2B digital media companies, GEMG’s brands include Government Executive, Nextgov, Defense One and Route Fifty, all of which now hold market-leading positions in their respective sectors.
We are seeking an experienced web developer to lead the development of new products for our digital publications: govexec.com, nextgov.com, defenseone.com, routefifty.com across desktop and mobile as well as our custom Python/Django CMS.
The ideal candidate will be interested in leading the development of web-based products for a growing media company as well as being comfortable managing a team of web developers.
- Leading a small team of developers, and working closely with project managers, designers and reporters to create products that change the way people consume and share information.
- Initiate new products and technologies to serve our audience and advertisers.
- Develop a variety of products using different operating systems and development languages.
- Continuous learning of new languages and technologies!
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Senior web development experience in a fast-moving team
- Strong perspective on the latest technologies to keep our tech stack current
- Experience with web application development as well as relational databases
- Proven hands-on experience with web application frameworks such as Django, Rails, etc
- Experience with Python
- Organizational and analytical skills, with strong problem-solving ability
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and contribute to new ideas required in a diverse, fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment.
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
- Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.