Government Executive Media Group (GEMG) is the public sector division of Atlantic Media and the leading media resource serving the government and defense market.
We are seeking an experienced communications professional to join the Atlantic Media communications team in Washington, D.C. Working across all GEMG teams and departments, including sales and marketing, editorial, events, and research, the communications manager will develop strategies to support business initiatives, proactively promote editorial content, and protect the reputation of a nearly 50-year-old business-to-government media company. The ideal candidate will diligently maintain important internal and external relationships, devote strong attention to detail, and thrive in a collaborative, cross-functional environment.
The Communications Manager responsibilities include:
- Leading the development and implementation of a strategic communications plan to support GEMG's business objectives;
- Generating impactful content to reach clients, media, readers, and internal stakeholders alike;
- Forming leverageable relationships with key stakeholders in the business-to-government industry;
- Coordinating promotion for pivotal company initiatives such as events and new product launches;
- Drafting materials on behalf of GEMG leadership to reinforce thought leadership within the industry;
- Proactively promote all GEMG journalism across all relevant media.
Attributes of the ideal candidate include:
- A can-do attitude and a willingness to learn, support, and collaborate with a fast-moving team
- Courage and a high level of motivation that welcomes challenges and is not deterred by setbacks
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- An ability to plan comprehensively, work both independently and collaboratively, and manage and prioritize projects to satisfy competing deadlines
The job is based in Washington, D.C. and reports to the Senior Vice President of Global Communications at Atlantic Media and GEMG’s Chief Executive Officer.
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
- Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.