Atlantic Media Strategies (AMS) is The Atlantic’s fast-growing content consultancy digital agency. We bring the savvy of a world-renowned media company to Fortune 500 companies, public policy institutions, fast-growing start-ups, and other media brands. Our team of strategists, editors, writers, designers, developers, and marketers work together to create smart, substantive experiences and helps leading brands engage their audiences and move their organizations and ideas forward.
The Associate Director is a dynamic, senior-level consultant with experience crafting strategic plans and roadmaps, digital strategies, and audience engagement plans. This person will cultivate external relationships, shape AMS Strategy proposals, and oversee long-term client relationships and execution of client engagements.
Qualifications of the ideal candidate:
- Possesses 8+ years of experience leading projects in strategic planning, digital strategy, audience engagement, and/or campaign development, preferably in an agency or consulting setting
- Has experience solving complex organizational challenges, considering the needs of different audiences, platforms, and stakeholders
- Has led teams and/or projects
- Is skilled at synthesizing complex information -- from sources including audience data, digital analytics, surveys, and interviews -- into polished narratives, frameworks, and recommendations
- Possesses deep subject matter expertise and passion for digital media trends and best practices
- Has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrates unyielding attention to detail and deadlines
- Unfailingly demonstrates a spirit of entrepreneurialism, intellectualism, and collaboration
Job responsibilities include:
- Working with colleagues and AMS leadership to identify target client markets and developing outreach strategies
- Cultivating new and existing client relationships to reach revenue targets, which will include attending conferences and events to further fuel business growth
- Developing custom approaches to meet client needs based on collaborative brainstorms and working sessions with clients
- Developing a strong grasp of AMS media and business insights and presenting insights at formal or informal events, positioning AMS as a valued subject matter expert among prospective clients
- Cultivating an area of expertise and leadership within specific target client communities (e.g. philanthropy, education, organizational change)
- Overseeing complex projects with multiple work streams; managing relationships with senior-level client stakeholders
- Managing the delivery of high quality client deliverables within project timeline and budget goals
- Presenting pitches, proposals and project findings to senior client leaders
- Coaching internal team members to produce work worthy of The Atlantic name
- Collaborating with AMS leadership to evolve business development approaches and to identify new product opportunities
Employees at The Atlantic are entitled to benefits including: 401(k) savings plan with employer match, health care with domestic partner coverage, flexible vacation and sick leave policy, commuter benefits, and rooftop happy hours with one of the best views in DC.
Atlantic Media Values:
Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual integrity, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, and giving voice to the latter.
Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks those with natural disposition toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits, but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.