Celebrating over 150 years in print, The Atlantic’s time-tested mission is to cover the conversations of the day with creative insight and fresh perspective and to push the edge of inquiry toward tomorrow’s concerns. Drawing from a rich tradition of publishing extraordinary literary works, The Atlantic provides leading edge analysis of groundbreaking contemporary issues, covering politics and foreign policy, business and the economy, culture and the arts and science and technology.
Sparking intellectual debate, sparking lively discussion and bringing this deep editorial dialogue to life, AtlanticLIVE produces more than 125 events a year across the country and around the world. These include large-scale national and now international events like the Washington Ideas Forum and CItyLab, in London this year. We also produce single topic forums on everything from health to education, as well as "on the record" roundtable dinners on some of the most pressing and interesting issues of our time. In 2015, AtlanticLIVE was honored in five categories of the Folio: FAME Awards—the most of any publisher—with wins for Best Conference, Best Custom Event and Media Event Dream Team.
Ideally, you, our new team member, are a charismatic, strategic thinker with a real passion for selling conference sponsorships. We hope that you will be a seasoned media sales professional with some events/conferences sponsorship sales experience, who will bring your valuable experience to the table.
Your responsibilities Include:
- Run all aspects of selling, relationship development and brand awareness for a defined territory of AtlanticLIVE business in order to grow event revenue from the territory
- Handle client relationships, expectations and delivery of value, in partnership with events team execution leads, throughout the event development process
- Define and implement sales strategy by having thorough knowledge of the market, categories, advertising business and trends with an emphasis on the conference landscape
- Cultivate positive relationships through a consultative process involving on-site meetings and presentations to decision makers at all levels
- Work closely with marketing team to develop customized, solutions-oriented marketing programs that accurately represent the AtlanticLIVE brand while delivering on client business objectives
- Partner with Atlantic print and digital advertising sales teams to build integrated packages and opportunities and to ensure events opportunities are being marketed in all outgoing proposals
- Represent The Atlantic brand within the client and advertising group in a positive, substantive and enthusiastic manner
Qualifications for you to have:
- Sales and client management experience, with a strength in building lasting client relationships and delivering financial results
- Track record of closing sales and meeting goals
- Existing relationships in key markets and deep knowledge of our principal group of competitors a plus
- Highly motivated self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit; ability to take ownership and work independently to meet steep performance goals
- Media sales background recommended, though not necessary
- Excellent and persuasive communication skills and consultative selling strength, including an ability to create and deliver convincing arguments verbally and in writing
- Interest in national affairs, politics, various business topics, and cultural affairs, with knowledge of leading figures and organizations in each category
- True service ethic, generous nature, and gracious sense of humor
- Extraordinary organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Working knowledge of SalesForce preferred
- Willingness to travel regularly
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in you, and everyone else. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions:
1. Force of Intellect – a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in remarkable academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
2. Spirit of Generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.