Atlantic Re:think is The Atlantic’s in-house branded content studio. The team creates ambitious, award-winning storytelling programs for the world’s leading brands. Visit rethink.theatlantic.com to learn more. This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing and is based in New York.
- Writing, assigning, and editing branded content—articles, infographics, video scripts, etc.—on a daily basis;
- Overseeing three full-time writers and Atlantic Re:think’s network of freelance contributors;
- Building structures, systems, and processes for consistently producing bold, thoughtful, and credible work;
- Writing and approving story pitches for new business;
- Leading conversations with clients about complex, multi-platform branded content programs;
- Collaborating with internal marketing and sales partners to brainstorm ideas and oversee content execution
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience as a writer, editor, and manager;
- Is comfortable producing content for a range of platforms, including print, the web, mobile, and social;
- Has a deep understanding of how to attract and engage a digital audience;
- Has an intense interest in the emerging media landscape, from native advertising and branded content to data-driven journalism and social media;
- Matches a creative, innovative, experimental sensibility with high editorial standards and attention to detail;
- Has a journalistic sensibility that fits Atlantic values: intelligent, fair, accurate, fast, curious, provocative;
- Can write and edit across a wide range of content areas, including technology, finance, health, social responsibility, luxury and culture;
- Can spot talent, build and manage a team, and operate independently;
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.