The Atlantic has, for more than 160 years, advanced ideas that matter and sparked global conversation on the most important issues of our time. We aim to bring clarity and original thinking to questions of consequence, on topics ranging from politics, the economy, and global affairs to technology, science, and culture. As the third-longest-running magazine in America, we find ourselves at a remarkable moment: one of both continuation and transformation, of upholding our legacy while continuously reinventing ourselves for the future.
As the Senior Audience Analyst you’ll join a small but fast-paced marketing and sales team and lead our audience insights and activation strategy. This position will help with the implementation and optimization of the DMP and reporting tools to execute cross-channel consumer, direct sold and programmatic campaigns.
- Help with the onboarding of first party data and curation and delivery of segment data within the Data Management Platform (DMP) to ensure accurate and consistent data delivery to various channels (Desktop and Mobile Site & Apps, On and Offsite Display. SEM, Social, Email, etc).
- Build upon first party data from internal data sources and couple with 2nd and 3rd party data to design audiences that map to the segment to respond to media plans/RFPs.
- Work with segment stakeholders (Planning/Operations, Sales, and Programmatic Leads) to gather goals, success metrics and size/prioritize the opportunity of the testing and personalization.
- Coordinate with Consumer Marketing team to develop insights that help drive acquisition and enhance customer lifetime value
- Help with testing engagements through the full lifecycle from test conception, through launch, to results analysis and rollout.
- Assist in the execution of optimization activities cross-functionally by working collaboratively with the Advertising, Operations, Consumer Marketing, and Product teams.
- Collaborate with team members on a day-to-day basis to ensure the efficient execution of tests
- Monitor campaign performance to troubleshoot, resolve and/or escalate potential issues.
- Partner with Planning team to define campaign reporting requirements and deliver campaigns results.
- Engineer & champion improved processes for insight collection and dissemination across the organization, helping to break down the silos between Analytics, Marketing and Client Services.
- Experience working in digital media analytics/operations role
- Experience working with a Data Management Platform with a focus on segment strategy and cross-channel data coordination (preferably the Salesforce platform Krux)
- Experience with web analytics, personalization tools and platform technologies (Optimizely, Google Analytics, Omniture, etc)
- Strong understanding and experience with AB/MVT testing methodology
- Ability to multi-task, work under deadlines and within a rapidly changing environment
- Understanding of Real-Time-Bidding and Programmatic media landscape a plus
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual integrity, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, and giving voice to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks those with natural disposition toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits, but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.