Government Executive Media Group (GEMG) is Atlantic Media’s B2B division focused on public sector innovation. Known as one of the fast-growing B2B digital media companies, GEMG’s brands include Government Executive, Nextgov, Defense One and Route Fifty, all of which now hold market-leading positions in their respective sectors. GEMG clients are composed of Fortune 500 companies, who engage with GEMG to create cutting-edge marketing programs across digital, events, research, and custom content.
Government Business Council (GBC), the research arm of GEMG, is seeking an entrepreneurial, innovative, and driven individual to join our team. You will be responsible for executing research-driven campaigns sponsored by our blue chip client base (75%), as well as supporting internal research efforts for our editorial and audience development teams (25%).
- Designing and executing research surveys to federal, state, and local government employees. Surveys will cover a wide range of topics, including but not limited to:
- Technological innovation/IT
- Defense and national security
- Human capital/workforce
- Government contracting market
- Competitive brand marketing analyses
- Planning and conducting first-hand qualitative research, including expert interviews and focus groups, as well as secondary research
- Writing and compiling a variety of research deliverables, including reports, white papers, infographics, and articles that summarize findings through prose and data visualizations
- Managing and analyzing large quantities of data (e.g. survey results, web metrics, qualitative responses, etc.)
- Maintaining and fostering strong relationships with government contractor client base
- Present and explain research findings to clients, colleagues, and the government audience, with opportunities to speak at live events and online webcasts
Attributes of the Ideal Candidate:
- 1-3 years post-undergraduate or graduate experience, or related research experience
- Superior writing skills, including the ability to creatively explain and discuss complex concepts
- Excellent quantitative and data management skills, including statistical analysis and experience creating graphical representations of data
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Knowledge and interest in the public sector, specifically the executive branch
Additional Preferred Attributes:
- Knowledge and/or interest in technology topics (e.g., cybersecurity, cloud computing, big data, emerging technologies)
- Familiarity with market research techniques and/or web analytics
- Experience conducting surveys and/or qualitative research interviews
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Powerpoint
- Knowledge of basic HTML/CSS
Essential Candidate Qualities:
- Nimble-- able to pivot and adjust priorities at a moment’s notice
- Innovative-- hungry to develop the next best research tool, marketing strategy, or digital product
- Accountable-- owns the process and the result
- Detail-driven-- hyper-focused on how each piece fits into the puzzle
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity-- enjoys becoming an ‘expert’ on new things and sharing that knowledge with others
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
1. Force of Ideas -- At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, and flight to the latter.
2. Spirit of Generosity -- Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.