Atlantic Media is dedicated to equipping opinion leaders with breakthrough ideas and original insights. Its powerful brands, including The Atlantic, Government Executive, National Journal, and Quartz reach leaders across all sectors—consumer, business, media, and government. Strategically designed to meet the unique needs of this community, Atlantic Media’s innovative portfolio of digital, print, event, social, and mobile platforms engages an influential audience of over 30 million worldwide each month. Atlantic Media is growing, evolving, and causing major disruption in the world of media.
Offering an entrepreneurial environment within a collegial, progressive workplace, Atlantic Media provides a wealth of opportunities for career development and growth across the fields of journalism, marketing, sales, business, research, and strategy.
Atlantic Media seeks a highly motivated, entrepreneurial individual to join our ranks as a Corporate Paralegal and Executive Assistant to the General Counsel.
Executive Assistant Functions
- Provide high-level administrative and logistical support to the Chief Administrative Officer & General Counsel and related staff, including: scheduling and organizing conference calls; organizing on-site/off-site meetings and events; coordinating all aspects of travel; and providing a professional customer service presence.
- Serve as the cost center manager for the Legal Department and HR Department.
- Perform administrative tasks such as filing, photocopying, telephone coverage, and miscellaneous errands as needed.
- Prepare and proof presentations, documents, and correspondence.
- Assist with creation of, and proactively maintain, up-to-date templates, processes, and standards to ensure consistent, high-quality administrative support within the Legal Department.
- Maintain digital records of signed contracts and other corporate documents.
- Assist with USPTO and Copyright Office filings.
- Assist Legal and HR departments with new hire onboarding and compliance processes.
- Assist implementation and tracking of document retention policies.
- Assist implementation and tracking of privacy and security policies.
- Coordinate with outside counsel to manage case files.
- Provide members of Legal and HR Department with support on other tasks and projects as required.
- An outstanding track record of achievement in current and past positions.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, including ability to prioritize and schedule projects and meetings in fast-paced environment.
- Possess a superior service ethic, grace under pressure, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to exercise independent initiative, judgment, and discretion to efficiently solve complex problems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive material and communications.
- Ability to thrive in collegial small-team environment with regular exposure to senior executives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
1. Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
2. Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.